Follow my blog with Bloglovin

Friday 14 February 2014

Pink and Black Gradient Checker Board

HAPPY VALENTINES DAY!! (well to some of you guys anyway, the rest HAPPY VALENTINES EVE!!) I was looking though some old nail designs I have done and found this quirky pink and black design and thought it was perfect timing to share with everyone!

 Stone Cold Pure Elegance China Glaze




The number one thing you need to create this look is striping tape (you could use normal tape but will need to cut it into thin strips) you can cheaply buy it online (eBay sells 30 rolls for $2) and they last forever which is good :)

Striping Tape

Apply your favorite base coat to protect your nails and then I used 4 very thin coats of Pure Elegance to achieve an opaque colour and then let dry completely before moving on to the next step :)

Pure Elegance China Glaze


You need to start by cutting strips off in advance you need around 8 pieces per finger, this may vary with nail length. I like to place mine on the edge of a table until I need them.

Pure Elegance China Glaze

Start by placing them on your nail like above, they need to be excessively long as it will make things much easier when you need to remove them, repeat in the other direction to create a checkerboard pattern. 

Pure Elegance China Glaze

I like to do one hand at a time when I use stripping tape as it gets hard to pull the tape off otherwise. Once all five fingers are completely taped up, apply Stone Cold onto a make up sponge and use the same method as the one in my Valentines Day Nails - Classic Gold and Red manicure to create a gradient affect, the only thing is you have to work quickly doing one nail at a time. While Stone Cold is still wet you need to carefully pull off the tape (the sooner the tape comes off the cleaner the lines are) and then repeat with your remaining nails. When all 5 nails are done and Stone Cold is dry repeat this process on the other hand. :) Finish up with a top coat to improve the wear of this look. Enjoy 

Stone Cold Pure Elegance China Glaze





2 comments:

  1. Hello, I’ve just discovered this blog and I love your nail art creations!
    They look beautiful  Especially this one!!
    I’m looking forward to read your next post,

    ~Xx~ Julia
    Creativenails4fun

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you that means a lot :) I'm currently working on a triplet nail design with two lovely ladies over on Instagram so that should be up in a couple of days :D very excited to be doing it xx I'll have to follow you on bloglovin as you have some pretty amazing nail art yourself :P xoxo

      Delete

Comment here