Follow my blog with Bloglovin

Wednesday 30 April 2014

Ciate Very Colourfoil Manicure Carnival Couture

Living in New Zealand has many upsides but in terms of makeup and nail polish there are many downsides such as not being able to purchase any Ciate nail polish, I have had my eye on this kit online for many months but just refused to pay an arm AND a leg to buy it. But today I am happy to bring you Ciate Very Colourful Manicure kit all thanks to one of the many pop up makeup sales that decided to import some Ciate kits :)


Ciate Very Colourfoil Manicure Carnival Couture


I picked up the kit in Carnival Couture as I just loved the colour of the paint pot, Kiss Chase. The packaging is nice and bright and catches your eye so would be very hard to miss in a shop or on display in your home.


Inside the box you get a good quality nail wheel for you to practice designs on, a full size paint pot in Kiss Chase, foil fix and 30x foils in six different colours, and an instruction booklet.


I always start off with clean nails and then apply a base coat to help protect from staining, my go to base coat at the moment is Orly Bonder.


I then applied three thin coats of Kiss Chase which is a lovely pink that has just the right amount of pop without being to in your face.


Without applying a top coat I added two swipes of the foil fix glue and then waited for it to go clear (this is when it's at prime stickiness) I placed the purple Snog foil sheet colour side facing up, gently rubbed and pressed it into the glue and then in one quick motion ripped it off my nail, I repeated with the gold Sing foil sheet and finished up by putting the pink Stomp in the centre of my my nail and sealed it all with a top coat to complete the look.



Please excuse the line on my index finger, a hair got stuck on my nail when I was applying top coat and when i removed it, it left a gash.
In the sun
In the sun

In the shade

In the shade


I redone my index finger after six days which shows the wear of the polish and how much the foils fade after a week.



The fresh manicure is very much in your face and sparkly but after a while it becomes muted and a lot more wearable. I will note that the foils do start to flake off if you don't keep reapplying a top coat I personally like Orly Glosser as it provides max shine while also preventing chips pretty well. Hope you all enjoyed and I can't wait to try more designs such as doing a french tip manicure using the foils :)



4 comments:

  1. I've never been successful using foils :( but these are so good!! I love your nails, really effective :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry to hear that :( I had some trouble at first with not letting the glue go fully clear before adding the foils (took me quite a while to figure it out haha) and Thank you glad you liked them :) I wanted to re-do them when I decided to finally remove them ox

      Delete
  2. I love these they are so so pretty xx can't wait for your World Cup nails too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww thank you :) should be posting within 24hrs had so much fun doing them, Honduras is such a beautiful place :) ox

      Delete

Comment here